Monday, January 11, 2010

Something to Read: Up and Down with the Rolling Stones



I read this book last spring and I find that it makes a great conversation piece at parties. At least if the people at the party are talking about the Rolling Stones. So now I’m recommending it to you! Also I like saying the title out loud. It’s one of my favorite sensational band biographies, right up there with The Lives of John Lennon by Albert Goldman. The author of this book, Tony Sanchez, was a member of the Rolling Stones entourage. As a result, there are many incidents in the book where various members of the Rolling Stones smash a really expensive car into a wall and then taking off, leaving Tony Sanchez to sort it out. But mostly I liked the parts about Anita Pallenberg. True or not, it doesn’t matter to me. Anita Pallenberg is also the main reason to see the movie Barbarella. Your boyfriend will also enjoy watching Barbarella with you.






No comments: